Friday, January 6, 2012

Intentional Homemaking

One of the goals I have for 2012 is to do a better job as a homemaker. I often feel like I am drowning under the weight out housework. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to getting things done. Chores just aren't a priority, or I suppose I should say, they weren't. No longer. I want my home to be my family's sanctuary. A place where they are not embarrassed to bring people to.

I am so grateful for two resources I found (thanks Pintrest!). I have been using these this week, and everyone in my family has noticed a difference. And because Mommy cares about chores and cleaning up the house, the kids have been too!

First, I have been using the January calendar from Clean Mama. I have been working on deep cleaning my kitchen, which is a big job... but a rewarding one!

The other resource I have been using is this declutter calendar from mysimplerlife.com. The tasks are easy to complete, and are often things the kids can help with. I like being able to cross off each day as I complete the job and not having to think about "What do I need to do?" So many times I stall my own efforts by over-thinking what needs to be done. This way, I don't have to think at all!

Tonight, on this 12th day of Christmas, all the decor has come down. It's always a bit sad to take it all down and the house looks plain, but it's a great opportunity to clean and get things spruced up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment